Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

WHO chief says attacks on Gaza impede delivery of medical supplies

WHO chief says attacks on Gaza impede delivery of medical supplies

Published December 05,2023


Subscribe

The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) on Tuesday stated that the Israeli assaults on Gaza impede the supply of medical provides to the besieged Palestinian enclave.

In a publish on X, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated the WHO moved medical provides from the warehouse in Khan Younis to a smaller warehouse in Rafah, after receiving a warning from the Israel military.

“This resulted in a postponement of the planned delivery of medicines to (Doctors Without Borders) and (UN agency for Palestinian refugees) for their health facilities,” Tedros stated.

“The movement has already been delayed and will continue to challenge our deliveries to hospitals in #Gaza, amid widespread armed conflict and limited staff on the ground,” he stated.

“We need a sustained and safe flow of medical aid to provide care to people in Gaza,” he added.

On Monday, Tedros introduced that the WHO acquired notification from the Israel military to “remove supplies from our medical warehouse in southern Gaza within 24 hours, as ground operations will put it beyond use.”

Israel resumed its navy offensive on the Palestinian territory on Friday after the tip of a weeklong humanitarian pause with the Palestinian group Hamas.

At least 16,248 Palestinians have been killed and greater than 43,616 others injured in relentless air and floor assaults on the enclave since Oct. 7 following a cross-border assault by Hamas.

The Israeli loss of life toll within the Hamas assault stood at 1,200, based on official figures.

Source: www.anews.com.tr